After a recent change subtasks are now appearing in a table view with options to add/remove columns. This is fine when viewing an issue in a view that occupies the entire page.
However when viewing the backlog and selecting different issues, I have the selected issue appearing in a right side content pane. I used to be able to view that issue and its underlying subtasks easily, however these subtasks are now showing as a squashed table with scroll bars trying to occupy a narrow space that is not suitable for a table. The title of each subtask is being broken across multiple lines and this is creating a very tall table of subtasks.
Even after removing excess columns the table is not optimising for the available space and I need to use the horizontal scroll bar just to read each subtask. Even the column selector is taking up an entire column space adding to the scroll.
I think that subtasks should display more like Linked Issues, at least when in this side bar viewing mode. Is there a way to switch it back so I can read sub tasks again without having to open each issue into its own page?