I'm setting up a Jira automation rule to send daily reminder emails for issues that are not done and have an assignee.
The rule is using a scheduled trigger with this JQL:
status != Done AND assignee is not EMPTY
I have two conditions in the rule:
If the issue's due date is less than now, send an overdue reminder email.
Otherwise, send an on-track reminder email.
For testing, both emails are set to go only to my own email address. Once it works, I plan to change it to send to the issue's assignee.
The problem is, the rule always shows "No actions performed" when it runs, even though there are open issues matching the JQL. I only receive emails for a new test issue I created recently, but nothing for the existing issues in the project.
Do I need to add a branch to process issues found by the scheduled trigger? Or is there something wrong with how I'm using the conditions? I’d really appreciate any help!