As mentioned in this article from Aug 2023, there are some new Jira Cloud REST API calls related to archiving/archived issues.
As of this post, there are four experimental Jira v3 REST API endpoints related specifically to archived issues (the article above links to v2 documentation).
My question is about the Export Archived Issues endpoint. It seems to return poorly implemented results, and I'm looking for validation that this should be considered a bug and reported.
According to the REST API documentation link above, the response should look like:

What I'm getting looks like this:

where I have inserted newlines and indentation to make it readable. The quoted "payload" value is actually returned in a single line.
I feel strongly that the payload content should be actual JSON, not quoted (and nested!) JSON text with exhaustively escaped quotes. Here's what I believe the response should be:
Amazing things can be accomplished using Jira REST APIs, due to the wonders of JSON-formatted data (hierarchical) data.
This API endpoint could be super useful for an organization policy to manage archived issues -- but not in it's current form. Your thoughts?