I need to create a custom field something similar to the 'Affect version' field with AutoComplete, multiselect and drop down.
From the documentation it seems this is not possible, but please let me know if there is any way?
This type of field is not available as a custom field. But you can use some JavaScript to simulate it on a multi-select field.
<script type="text/javascript"> AJS.$("#customfield_10131 option[value='-1']").remove(); (function($){ new AJS.MultiSelect({ element: $("#customfield_10131"), itemAttrDisplayed: "label", errorMessage: AJS.params.multiselectComponentsError }); })(AJS.$); </script>
It does not always work on page refreshes and not in some dialogs. Give it a try and see if it meets your needs.
Best regards,George
Thanks George, tried it but it still renders in same old way. I am trying in issue create UI and detailed issue view.
Hmm, that's weird. I just tested it with JIRA 6.3.11 standalone (not OnDemand). Works fine. Are you sure you have the correct field ID and field configuration?
Yes, the custom field id is correct, double checked it. Just to be sure, this is what I am doing: 1. Create a custom field(of type: Select List(multiple choices)) 2. CustomFields--> Configure CustomField--> Edit Configuration: In the description box there enter the above code with appropriate custom field. But the end result is same, the normal multi select list.
Hi,
We have developed an add-on, Custom Fields++. It provides some extra features not available in ordinary single select/multi select/radio button fields.
It provides following extra features:
They are direct replacement of build-in custom fields so migration is very easy. It has some extra custom field types too, and we will continuously add new ones.
multi-select.png
issue-navigator.png
Hello,
I see this is not available for Cloud. Is there an equivalent for JIRA Cloud?
Thank,
Davina Tsosie
Unfortunatelly it is not available for Cloud. I haven't seen anything similar for cloud, most probably due to limitations of Cloud api.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.