I have created a new user select single picklist called "Architecture Evaluated By." This field is available on the edit and create screens for both my Request and Story Issue types.
Desired Outcome:
What I'd like to happen is that when I trigger automation manually from a Request to create a Story it copies the value in Architecture Reviewed By to the new story.
Problem:
"Architecture Reviewed By" is not available to select as a field as part of the Create Issue automation action. I have been through all of the checks I could find to ensure it's properly set up, and am left with thinking for whatever reason it's one of those that isn't supported and requires me to use the advanced options.

Based on a very helpful suggestion by a different community member, I was hoping I might in some way be able to leverage a log action to identify the user value, and then stamp that value into the field, but I'm new to automation and not doing it right in some way (probably a lot of ways.)

Is anyone able to provide some advice on how I can accomplish my desired outcome? Thanks in advance!