I'm taking an online course to learn Jira for work. I am unable to follow along with the instructor because I get an error message every time I attempt to connect to my issues.
Hello @Francis Ryan
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
As per the message, either the specific issue you are trying to access does not exist in the Jira instance you are accessing, or you don't have permission to access it.
Did you create the issue in the project?
Have you reviewed the permissions for that product to ensure you have the permissions that allow you to see issues in that project?
Can you see any other issues in that project?
What type of project are you using? Get that information from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Hi Trudy,
Thanks for your quick response. I created the board and the issue as examples for my studies. I am the sole administrator for the board I created. Subsequently I created another example board and I'm having the exact same issue. I've attached an image hopefully that will answer your question regarding the typeof project I created.
Thank you for that additional information and screen image.
The screen image indicates you are using a Team Managed Software project.
We can see that at least 3 issues are visible to you in the board view.
What are the exact steps that you are executing when trying to access an individual issue? Are you trying to access one of the issues we can see in the screen image or a different issues?
What is the URL that is displayed when you see the issue? We don't need to see the base URL for your instance but the rest of the information may help us diagnose the problem.
From the Board View I see the 4 issues in my TO DO column. Any of the issues I select by clicking on them with my mouse yields the same result. This project as well as the sample project I created to see if there as an issue with only this project.
Below is the URL for the top issue on the board I have created for my class.
https://vei-edu.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/PODAPP/boards/1
I just logged out again and logged back in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.