Hello App Central folks!
I'm a Business Analyst working in the public service and investigating process mapping options for my community of practice within my company.
Instead of uploading a PNG of a Visio diagram, or embedding process maps I've created using Miro or FigJam, I'm exploring what I can use within Confluence itself.
2024 - Confluence whiteboards and embedding FigJam
Last year, I had a lot of fun using Confluence whiteboards. However, I'm not able to export the swim lane diagrams I created. That said, a Confluence whiteboard is a good starting point for drafting and brainstorming swim lane diagrams, collaborating on service blueprints, creating Kanban boards, brainstorming, and retrospectives.
My preference is still to use FigJam and then linking to the page or specific frame.
2025 - Gliffy and Plant UML
This year, I've set myself a challenge to use the diagramming apps that integrate with Confluence. Thus far, I'm growing in confidence with process mapping using Gliffy. I've created swim lane diagrams and entity relationship diagrams.
I recently started a completely new learning curve with diagramming using Plant UML within the Confluence Pages I create.
Looking forward to sharing my progress with you all.
If you have any suggestions for apps that would work well in Jira or Confluence, please reach out.