Hello, I have several objects with assets in them. Now I have built a rule, but it only becomes active when an asset is updated. How can I update all my affected assets at once without going into each one individually?
HI @Antonia
Are all assets having a combined identifier or do the use the same reference?
Based on aql branch we should be able to update multiple assets
Whenever you ask for help with an Automation Rule it will help us to help you if you provide:
1. what type of project is this (e.g., company-managed, team-managed, etc.),
2. images that show your complete rule.
3. images showing the details of any relevant actions/conditions/branches.
4. images showing the Audit Log details for the rule execution.
5. Explain where the issue is.
Via schema import this can also be done.
I have several different automations. It is only important to know that they are running when an asset is updated. That's why I'm not going to post any screenshots of my 10 automations here.For example, if there is an “N0” in the “Name” field, a “Device” must be entered in the “Tag” field.The tag field is therefore new and must now be filled.
How do I update all assets so that the rules are triggered? The automations do work, but you just have to update the assets.
Hi @Antonia
Give me the outline, what is your action that needs to trigger the asset update?
Are you updating a field in an issue or are you updating an asset?
A rule triggers based if an action taken is the trigger, the rule then executes.
You can enable a checkbox in the rule settings that the rule can be triggered by another rule
Hi @Marc -Devoteam-
thank you for your quick response.
The action is simple: when an asset is updated (anywhere), the system looks at what is in field A and then writes something specific in field B. The asset simply has to update itself. I'm not talking about the issues here, just the assets. I'm looking for something like a bulk update. So the Trigger is: "When: Object updated"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.