Our company started out with Jira less than a month ago, and we (under supervision of a senior dev) created all our projects as "Team managed". Me and coworkers have just been using that "because" the first few created projects were team-managed, thinking it was best to keep doing things in the same way.
Now I have found out these are in fact stripped-down versions of "company managed" (e.g., Description/summary is missing). Since we only have one dev team, I think it's better if all projects are converted.
All projects use the same Kanban model with the same statuses, fields, work types, etc (in fact, we struggle to keep this flat between projects)
I read that projects can't be converted directly, but have to be processed one at a time. This poses a problem. We need to convert 34(!) projects.
I'm not willing to:
- Change the key of 34 projects
- Create 34 new projects with the old keys
- Update project leads and re-upload icons 34 times
- Migrate work items from 34 projects to 34 other projects
- Delete 34 projects
Is there a better way, for example with the REST API (which I'm not familiar with)?