I have a specific use case I'd like to accomplish and haven't found other information that is especially applicable.
What I'd like to accomplish:
I've made a working manually triggered automation that creates a new issue. I'd like to add functionality so that the parent field on the new issue is populated with a specific epic based on a value in a different field on the originating issue.
I've considered a few approaches but have not gotten anything to work yet and would appreciate anyone's suggestions on how I can accomplish this.
Idea 1:
When originating Issue Reporter = a specific name (like John Smith,) new issue Epic = a specific existing Epic (like John Smith's Epic. )
(This would be ideal, but I have no idea at all how to go about this aside from assuming it would be something defined under "more options" in the create issue action)
Idea 2:
User input is collected on the manual trigger, that stamps Parent on the original issue, which can then be copied to the new issue. (I'd actually prefer not to add a parent to the original issue since it shouldn't have one, but it seemed like I had greater potential to be able to do it, except that I haven't managed to get the parent field to stamp anyhow.)



Thanks in advance!