We have a few vendors that we want to collaborate with using projects in our Jira instance.
Requirements:
Each vendor can only see the project and issues within the project we are collaborating with them in.
No Vendor can see all of the projects within our Jira instance.
What I have tried that has not worked.
| Steps to create vendor restricted access |
| 1 | Created a specific vendor Role |
| 2 | Created a specific vendor group |
| 3 | Created a Vendor Restricted Permission Scheme Notes: I created a copy of our standard permission scheme then edited groups and roles. Examples Browse projects I removed "Any logged in user" and added Project Admins and Team Members Added the specific Vendor role to: Assignable user, Create issues, Transition issues, Add comments, etc. |
| 4 | Created a vendor specific project |
| 4a | Used the Vendor Restricted Permission Scheme |
| 4b | Added the specific vendor group, assigned to the vendor role |
I invited 3 testers outside of my org to the specific vendor group, when they logged in with their NEW Jira credentials, they can see everything, all projects all issues.
What step did I miss?
Do I need to change all of our standard permission schemes to replace "Any logged in user" with specific groups?
Help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pat