Here is my objective:
When the start date in the Story changes, calculate the difference in weeks between the Start Date and Due Date, then insert that value (no. of weeks) in a number field called Discovery Phase - Estimated weeks.
Here is my problem statement and below is my current rule (which appears to be working, but no value in the final field):
The rule runs successfully, however no value appears in the final field. I appreciate I may need to add logging to the final step, but I have yet to work out how to do that
.
The smart value variable is :
{{#=}}{{issue.customfield_10015.diff(issue.dueDate).days}} / 7{{/}}
Note: customfield_10015 is the StartDate)
And the Edit Issue fields value is:
{{issue.customfield_11229(weeksdifference.asNumber)}}
Note: customfield_11229 is the number field called Discovery Phase - Estimated weeks.
Ideally, when this is working, I'd like that "Estimated weeks" field to be updated at both Story and Epic Level, however I think I have to write a different rule for that.
Any tips or advice appreciated from the community- thank you in advance. 