We want to require time logging before closing an issue in Jira but only if time hasn't been logged already. Is there a way to do this on the closing transition screen?
Right now we use the Time tracking field under the details pane which gives me the options of 'Time spent', 'Time remaining', and 'Date started'. We currently require 'Σ Time Spent' to be populated before closing an issue (corresponds with 'Time spent' mentioned earlier).
I would like to add the time logging details to a transition screen instead.
The Log Work field appears closest to what I want however it doesn't take into account if time has already been logged.
I've looked at requiring 'Σ Time Spent', 'Time Spent', 'Log Work', and 'Time tracking', however I'm still required to populate the Log Work field to close an issue.
Work items can sometimes be closed within a day, sometimes there are several days of logged hours which is why I don't want require it again on close. If this is not possible I'd like to understand why so I can explain it when asked.