I want to isolate a number from a text for automation.I tried match, split and replace functions but not working.
Someone can help ?
Hi @Regis MAHOUKOU and Welcome to Atlassian Community!
It's easy to do with a Regex expression.
For example, I have a description with the current value:
And I have the following automation:
After execution, I'll get:
I recommend you this site Pattern class and this article rules documentation around regular expressionsIf you encounter any difficulties, feel free to ask me, and I'll do my best to help.
@Regis MAHOUKOU can you provide an example?
Thank so much @Sergei Troshin
I've successfully tested your example.
The issue I have : "Effort" field contains a textd "3 Medium" that need to be isolated.
The functions replaceAll, split or match are not working on this.
Hi @Richard Cho
I am blocked on with the Split function
Hi @Regis MAHOUKOU 1) Do you have a text field named "Effort"? Or what is the field type?2) Do you need to extract "3" from the value "3 Medium"?
Is the Regex functions activated by default for Automation in JIRA ?
Yep Effort is text field conatining this "3 Medium". I want to catch the number 3 so I can use it for calculation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.