I'm hoping to modify our Assist - Jira Service Project and Slack integration.
We'd like the Slack messages to populate Summary and Description differently.
Currently, the default install puts the Slack message into the Ticket (Issue) Summary. Our Slack channel messages tend to have long, vague, etc. details so we want the message to populate the Description and prompt the user for a shorter, more accurate Summary.
We are using an Emoji to "Raise the Ticket" but I reviewed demos/documentation and it appears that even without Emoji the form will still default to populating Summary with the Slack message.
Things I've looked at:
- I see where I can include/exclude and customize the Request Form "Display Name" on my JSM project. I don't see any options to map the Request Form fields to the Slack message differently.
- I also looked in Slack at the Assist (app) configuration and don't see any options. I reviewed all the online documentation I can find but no luck in Request Form to Jira field configuration for this integration.
- I think I might be able to use Smart Values to populate Summary but that only solves part and not the most important part for us. Mostly we want the Slack message content to map to the ticket Description. We don't mind prompting users for the Summary.
- I also know I can setup automation for after the ticket is created to then change/update Summary and Description but we'd prefer to have a solution at the time the ticket is Raised/Created.
Anyone encountered this and found another solution? Other suggestions? Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.
TIA