Hello!
I'm attempting to create an automation rule that does the following:
When an issue is transitioned to Accepted status, send a slack message to a specific slack channel stating that the issue is accepted and ready to be merged.
This first part is simple enough. However, there's an additional part of the rule I need help with, as follows:
Within the automated slack channel message, I want to tag the specific user who appears in a custom field called "Developer" in JIRA.
The rule is working (see screen caps), however the tag is not creating a functional highlighted tag, rather it's in plain text, which will not notify the specific user.
From my research so far, it seems that the problem is that the Slack integration wants to see the Slack User ID versus the display name. I've tried a few options in place of "displayName" including "accountID", "username", "userID", and "slackUserID" but apparently there is no mapping between the Custom Field (Developer) and the Slack User ID.
Am I spinning my wheels on something that's not possible or does someone perhaps have a clever workaround?
Thank you!


Keith