Hello,
We have a Scrum project (Art Department) in our workspace that had too many sprints and issues, which caused the backlog to become nearly full. I updated the filter which was created in 2019, but it no longer met the needs of the department. After restoring the previous filter, the administrators of the project could no longer manage sprints. As an org admin, I can still manage sprints, indicating a potential permission issue.
Despite performing several tests, I haven't been able to resolve this and allow the administrators to manage sprints.
This project is company-managed and the previous filter included issues from multiple projects (some company-managed, others team-managed). The users have access in all projects that were included in the original filter.
The purpose of the filter is to display issues from different projects (both company-managed and team-managed) that have one of three specific labels, as well as all issues in the Art Department project, regardless of labels.
I have tried three different JQLs with complex and simplified syntax to avoid potential complexity issues.
Here is a summary of the steps taken to manage "manage sprints":
- Reviewed that "manage sprints" permission in the project permission scheme. Both users are Administrators in the project and this role has the "Manage Sprints" permission assigned. They also have this permission across all projects in the instance, not just those in the JQL query.
- Confirmed that both users are administrators of the board in the board's settings (although I am not sure whether this impacts sprint management).
- Confirmed that both users have permissions to view issues in the relevant projects
- Used the permission helper tool, which indicated that both users have the "manage sprints" permission correctly configured, but they still can't manage sprints.
- Confirmed that the filter is visible to all project members.
- Tested with the board filter showing only issues from the Art Department project, excluding any label from any different project, but the administrators still could not start or close a sprint.
My questions:
- Has there been any significat Jira change that could prevent users from managing sprints when multiple projects are impacted?
- Is there anything I might be missing or overlooking in the configuration?