Trying to calculate the difference between two different dates and output the number of days in another field within Jira. Then how to set a value to 1 when the number of days equal Zero.
Hello @Charles Brooks
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Without a third party app you would need to use an Automation Rule to accomplish that. Are you familiar with Automation Rules?
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/
You may have to work with a Project Admin or a Jira Administrator to get the rule constructed if you don't have sufficient permissions.
If you are unfamiliar with the feature you can find free, on-demand training from Atlassian at
https://university.atlassian.com
With an automation rule you could use the diff function to get the differences between two date fields.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/#Date-difference---
I am familiar using the Automation portion of Jira
The issue, I'm having is that I need a specific Date field within my project, to do the calculation. For example when I use the Smart Value, and type for the Field Due Date, I get multiple choices and don't know which one to use.
Hi @Charles Brooks -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
If there are multiple fields with the same name causing confusion (which is a different problem), you can identify the needed one using this how-to article:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
The essential steps are to identify and example issue with your field, use a browser tab to call the REST API, search on the page for your field, and the likely use the custom field ID to select the correct one.
Kind regards,Bill
I don't see any value in the field called Inspection Time, even though it was successful
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.