Dear community,
I am rather new to JSM and would appreciate any feedback regarding what I am trying to achieve.
Our external customers will fill in a support request from our portal. In this support request, I can add fields for them to select the product they are using and provide a "Purchase code" (licence number) for this product.
Currently, I can manually check their licence (on an external script I have), take note of their support end date. And then manually add the product to the customer in JSM and enter the end date as Product entitlement field value.
I am looking for a way to automate this process.
Therefore, I need to run some code to be able to do the following upon Request submission:
- check with an external API (Envato MarketPlace) their support entitlement and retrieve the support entitlement end date.
- then Create Customer Product with Jira API, so the customer has a product with entitlement information added
Can I use ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud for this purpose?
Do you think of another way to do so?
Anyone having experience with similar needs?
Thank you in advance!
Celine