Hi, I wanted to create an issue using postman using this api -
https://name.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue
so as per the documentation lot of fields are there-
The Jira Cloud platform REST API
But the issue type is confusing me . How to add the issue type?
Hi @Mansi Gusain ,
The error is related to parent field in REST API, have you used that one in your request?
For more details, you can refer this article: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/developer/creating-a-jira-cloud-issue-in-a-single-rest-call
Let me know if you still having issues.
Regards,
Mahesh Shinde
Hi @Mansi Gusain
Welcome to Atlassian community!
As per the REST API call for create issue,
You have to use the field like as below:
"issuetype": { "id": "<number>" }
You can get the issuetype ID details from admin section of Jira.
Please, let me know if you have any questions.
Hi thankyou for replying, the so I went to the admin section there the id was 10004
Now from here I add it to the id in the body for issue-
Parent field is required if you are creating subtask issue for parent issue, you can remove it.
@Mansi Gusain
Your parent key should be like MANSI-123 etc
Hi, the parent key is MANSI only, I checked it.
Hi thanks for this article I was able to use the following body -
Hi what are the names I can give to the api -
1. Task works
but not the bug or story...
As you are creating Story or Task, parent key needs to be Epic.
It is not possible that Epic will have key = MANSI.
okay Vishal please correct me if I am wrong, I can create tasks directly in the project but to create a bug, story I need epic?
See this is the operation -
So I am able to create the task
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.