Dear Community
I create automate rule to transit issue B blocked by issue A to move automatically to in progress when issue A (blocking issue is moved to done as screen shot. I encountered the error and can't find the way to fix it. can you share your knowledge to solve my issue.
Thank you
Hello @Jedsada R_
What error are you getting?
I can see one potential problem.
Your rule is triggered by an issue transitioning to Done. When that happens you want to transition a linked issue to In Progress.
In your rule you have a Condition to check if the trigger issue has linked issues. But that does not change the focus of the rule to those linked issues. So in the next step where you try to transition an issue, the rule is still focused on the trigger issue and will try to transition that issue.
To change the focus to the linked issues you need to use a Branch step such as For Each: Related Issues: Linked Issues. Then next add the Transition Issue step within the branch.
I'm on my mobile so I cannot provide a screen image, but you might find examples among the Template rules you can find within the Automation feature. They are under a tab named Templates on the Automation page.
@Akash Singh Yes It works now really appreciate for your illustration.
@Trudy P Claspill thank you for your prompt response. this really enlighten me how to automate the flow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.