Hi JIRA Users!
I posed this query to JIRA Support, but they were unable to find a direct resolution/answer. So upon their suggestion, I posing it to you wonderful people:
I'd like to know how I can use resolutions to indicate completion, in addition to the "Closed" state. For example, status "Resolved" and resolution "Verified" would also be considered Complete, while "Resolved" / "Verified" would not. As you see, while I do not want to indicate anything in the "Resolved" state as completed, it coupled with the "Verfied" resolution would indicate completion.
This is important for my company and possibly other Agile teams, where stories, tasks, etc. go through a more strict QA process. For example, a developer would place a ticket "Resolved"/'Fixed" when development was completed, QA personnel would place it "Resolved"/"Verified" when successfully tested and the PO would close the ticket when validated. The issue is with our Sprint metrics. I'd like to use the Agile dashboard item to help understand completion/progress throughout the sprint at a glance. But this is not possible since JIRA items are not "Closed" until validation at the end of the sprint.
Any help or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!