For my workflow I would like to work out any issues with reviewers until they are ready to approve. I do not want a decline option to transition to a new state.
Hi Rob - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I would say then don't make that Status an Approval one. Just put the Approval on the Status where a decision needs to be made.
Hi @Rob Fields ,
To turn off 'Decline' in a Jira approval workflow, go to project settings > Workflows, edit the workflow, search for and delete the 'Decline' transition, and Publish the Draft. Issues remain in place until approved. More advanced options are available from Jira docs or support.
@Rob Fields
The 'Decline' status can be controlled by adding conditions to the workflow transition. This way, the option will only appear when specific criteria are met — or remain hidden entirely if you prefer to work through issues until approval.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.