I have a service desk that should be using my default issue scheme. My default issue scheme allows subtasks. However when I click the create button in this service desk the option to create a subtask does not appear.
@Lucas Linzmeier you can't create Sub-Tasks using the standard Create button. You can only create a sub-task from an existing Task/Story/etc.
Hi @Lucas Linzmeier
Sub-taks can only be created under a parent issue.
So this also applies in JSM, you can create a sub-tasks under an Incident, Service Request etc...
Hello @Lucas Linzmeier
Subtasks can only be created as child issues under existing issues. They cannot be created using the "Create" button at the top.
Hi Lucas,
Sub-tasks are not allowed on JSM portal forms. Nor can you create a Sub-task directly anywhere in Jira. You can convert an existing issue type to a Sub-task, or you can navigate to an existing parent to-be issue and then create a Sub-task under it.
Hi @Lucas Linzmeier ,
Do you want to create subtasks as agent in Jira or as a customer on the customer portal?
I understand that. Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I am trying to use the create button in a parent issue. (See screenshot above). The "Create Subtask" option isn't there.
Do you have any issue types on level -1 in this project? For example, standard Sub-tasks.
It can't be done using the Create button. See my response above.
On your JSM project, are you positive sub-task is on the issue type scheme used, can you show a screenshot?
I won't be able to get a screenshot immediately as I'm not the admin for my account. The service desk in question wasn't assigned its own issue type scheme so I assumed it was just using the default one (which included subtasks).
With all due respect, why are you ignoring the responses that it cannot be done?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.