I have created a filter, which I want to export and to use for external purposes. When I do so Jira returns with comments, which are both external and internal. Is there a way to exclude the internal ones?
Hi Aldona,
I have checked a few things but so far I could only find this:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management-articles/A-helpful-guide-to-export-issues-only-with-public-comments/ba-p/2848289
This seems to explain what you're looking for, but it requires some coding.
If you are willing to look into paid apps, it seems that this post suggests some steps to do it as well (without coding):
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/App-Central-discussions/Export-Jira-Service-Management-tickets-with-only-external/td-p/1961201
@Aldona Akkermans The second article suggested by Hans explains how to solve it with our Better Excel Exporter app! Just follow that guide.
@Hans Polder Thanks for mentioning our app!
Thank you both for your feedback. We'll further review it internally.
Hi @Aldona Akkermans
if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on: JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a long list of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including all external comments.
This column shows the latest external comment in the JXL table, and includes all external comments in the Excel or CSV export:
(I'm showing the All comments column here, but it would work the same for All external comments.)
I should also add that JXL can so much more than the above: From support for configurable issue hierarchies, to issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
Hi Hannes
Thank you for the information. Yes I do have another question. If a ticket has multiple comments, how would that look like? Would these be gather into 1 or several columns? Also, what is the monthly/yearly fee for the usages of this app?
Kind regardsAldona
@Hans Polder and @Aron Gombas does the app also offer to provide the attachments?
big apologies for the late reply, this somehow slipped through.
If you have multiple comments, the All external comments column will show the latest external comment in the JXL UI (as shown above), but include all external comments in the XLSX export. Here, all external comments will be put into one cell, with line breaks in between, like so:
There's also a long list of other comment-related smart columns available in JXL, like the first/last (internal/external) comment, the first/last response from a customer, the time since the first/last comment, etc. etc. Depending on your exact use case, these might be useful, too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.