How do I map user data that is stored in Microsoft Azure AD to a user in Jira? Fields like company, department, manager, etc would help with workflows and approvals.
H David - One way is to use Assets and have a user schema will all the fields you want from Azure AD/Entra ID. You can then refer the asset fields as a custom field.
Hi and welcome to the community!
The way I would go about this is setting this up in Assets by creating a "Person" object type that has al this metadata.
One of the attributes should be the Atlassian account so a "Person" asset can be derived from an Atlassian user (from the reporter of an issue for example).
You can then apply logic on the attributes of the linked Person asset on the issues.
Jeroen
Hi @David Williams ,
One thing to mention about Assets, it's available in Jira Premium and Enterprise plan.
If you're not on those plans and are interested in using Marketplace add-ons, Entra ID (Azure AD) Attributes Sync for Jira -developed by the company I work for-can be useful in your case.
This app automatically synchronizes user attributes from Microsoft Azure AD (such as company, department, and manager) with Jira user profiles, so any updates to user properties in Azure AD are automatically reflected in Jira.
I'm attaching a link to the app's Support Center , where you can find interactive tutorials and the documentation.
I'm also attaching a link to the chapter about setting up the manager as an approver
Hi @David Williams
I believe our Marketplace App, User Profiles for Jira, could be a perfect fit for your needs.
You can enjoy a free trial for up to 30 days. To assist you further, here is the link to our Documentation, which provides guidance on settings and an overview of the Add-on's capabilities.
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out through our Support Channel. We're here to help!
Best regards, Lorenzo Communardo Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.