Hi, I would like to create a rule, in order to when I create a ticket of any issuetype, and the parent of that ticket is a specific Epic, I want to add to the ticket a specific label.
How can I do that?
Hello @Sara Mendes
Have you tried to create this Automation Rule? If so, please show us what you have so far.
Do you have any experience with creating Automation Rules? If you have little or no experience with this feature I encourage you to take advantage of the free, on-demand training available from Atlassian University, You can find topics with this search:
https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?search=jira+automation
The documentation for Automation Rules is here:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/
The basic structure of your rule would be:
TRIGGER: Issue Created
CONDITION: Related issues conditionRelated issues: ParentCondition: Matches specified JQLMatching JQL: key = insert issue key for the Epic
ACTION: Edit issueSelect the Labels fieldspecify the Label value to add
I yes I have already been creating automation rules, and I followed that basic strutucture. My problem here is that is what is the issueKey for that specific epic? I tried with Epic Name = Epic Name but it didn't work.Here is what I did:
The issue key for any issue is the ABC-123 identifier for that issue.
Below the JQL field in the Related Issues Condition there is a Validate query feature. If you click that do you get any results for your current JQL?
If you change the JQL do to what I suggested do you get any results from the Validate feature?
With your rule as it currently is, what information is written to the rule execution Audit Log when the rule executes?
it worked thanks a lot
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.