I have an issue (Issue type = Task) that needs to be cloned and performed annually.
The root issue contains a list of individual actionable tasks. This can be accomplished in one of two ways. Either, including them as "action items" listed out within the description field (which, when choosing "Action item []" from the edit menu when adding the initial description, generates the list with checkboxes in front of each item that can then be ticked upon completion) of the task. Or, by including them within an actual 'Checklist' on a checklist tab, which appears above the activity pane. (The ability to do this appears to be as a result of an add-on called 'Checklist from AppBox'.)
I have been unable to get the checklist tab to generate on the cloned issue at all. I am guessing this is because it appears t be the result of an add-on, but am not sure if I am just doing something improperly.
When trying it as an action items listing in the description (which I do believe to be native Jira functionality and not added functionality form an add-on), it recreates the description, but as a simple bullet list instead of actin items with checkboxes as they appear on the root issue being cloned. (with a "-" appearing in front of the bullet for any of the items that were checked off as completed on the root issue.)
I have yet to be able to find any direction on how to accomplish this task. Has anyone ever done this successfully?
Thank you in advance for any insight you might be willing and able to share.