Our company has recently transitioned from Smartsheets to Atlassian.
One feature of Smartsheet I am trying to replicate is Forms. Specifically a form for a team to escalated questions, concerns, decisions needed, etc to a leadership team.
In Smartsheet, when someone would submit a Form, it would auto populate the answers into a spreadsheet that would have columns aligning to each question on the form and allow you to expand upon it to assign, update status, things that were not questions on the form but you want on the spreadsheet, etc. I find this spreadsheet was easier to visualize and manage for the purpose of questions/escalations due to you being able to organize it by date created, assignee, etc and see it all on one page rather than by columns on a RIDA board. Though settling for using the RIDA board is my backup plan.
So, so far, the JIRA Forms I am seeing in a Software Project allow you to create a Form, the current concerns and drawback I am seeing:
- you have to choose an issue type for the Form (for our purposes of questions, escalations, decisions needed from leadership, I would choose RIDA or Task, I think)
- it populates things filled out in that form them as issues, lists, or you can add it to a board which to me seems you should just use a RIDA board at that point?
Questions:
- Any purpose of using Forms in this way.
- Is there any alternative that would better suit our needs in Jira and/or Confluence?
- Are forms on Jira Service Management perhaps more suited to our needs and therefore we need to change the type/platform our Project is on? (don't fully understand Jira vs Jira Service Management)
Thanks!