I've set up a couple of automations to update start date based on the target fix version's start date. One for when an epic is created and another for when target fix is edited.I get a success in the audit log however, the start date has not been updated.Please help!
@Alice Mason ,
A quick troubleshooting tip would be to add another action in the automation for "Log to Audit log"
If you add the smart value there, you can see if it actually contains something.
If not, the automation will still work and say it edited something but edit would be to an empty value.
At least that way you can confirm whether the issue is with getting the value or setting it on the issue
Also, adding a re-fetch issue data before getting the value is a good practice to make sure you have the last data from the issue not some cached content.
@Alice Mason
Most likely the issue is how you are accessing the field value.
Is TargetFixVersion a custom field in your jira instance? Are you sure it has startDate?
Can you check the available values by using the URL and share what you see for TargetFixVersion?
https://<yourinstanceurl>/rest/api/3/issue/<issuekey>?expand=names
@Alice Mason I believe the correct smart value is:
{{issue.fixVersions.startDate}}
Also, your "Target Start Date" must be of the format "yyyy-MM-dd".
Same issue - I get a success in the audit log but the start date is not changed in the issue or on my roadmap
Yes I think it is a custom field - I get an error with the URL (replacing instance URL and issuekey)
Ah I have both Target Start Date and Target start - maybe that's the issue?
Added both to the screen and still not showing and still getting success in audit log
Might we worth adding another action to log the step to print out the
value .
Thanks that's helpful!!
So it does look like the smart value is not containing anything.
Since targetFixVersions is not a default system field (unless you ment to use fixVersions?
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--issue.fixVersions-- ) you will need to use the format of
{{issue.customfield_xxxxx.property}}
What type of field is the targetFixVersions field? Just trying to make sure you're not accidently using the wrong field here and it should be fixVersions
I'm definitely trying to use Target Fix version. Type: Version Picker (single) I've updated to use the customfield format but Target Start is still empty and I'm still getting a success in the audit with the smart value still showing as empty
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.