I am using a Locked Team field in my project which is a single pick (from a dropdown list) field. There are multiple Team fields and so I made sure I was using the correct Team field on my pages. I verified this by looking at my issues from the Create and Edit screens (the only two screens I have) and the correct field type is displayed. I also verified by selecting the Screens in the Custom fields screen and I see that my screens are listed. I also selected the other Team field Screens and saw that is was only on one screen and it wasn't mine.
I have an automation that creates an issue tree where the user will create an Epic issue and that will trigger an Automation to create the issue and child issues. Pretty simple so far.
I want all the issues created via the automation to all have a particular Team set. The Create screen had the team so I could either use what the user set and propagate it down to the created child issues, OR more preferably, I want to just set all issue team values since my automation issue type trigger will "know" what team should be set for all issues.
I tried to simply use the "Choose fields to set" in the automation rule to have it set the Team to an explicit value as well as use the one the user selected when they created the issue and that didn't work. That's weird. Error said that Team wasn't available for some reason.
Then I tried to do it in JSON. I know my customfield_ID and I tried to set the value to 0 (zero) in the JSON thinking that the selectable Team indexes started at 1 and it actually set the Team Value to one of the values in the Team Picker. Too easy... NOT. Trying subsequent numbers of 1, 2, 3, etc. resulted in errors. Scoured this forum and the internet for hours and nothing. I also tried using the text in that I see in the picker ("Sales", "HR" etc,) and those values were unknown as well.
My current thinking is to try and find the value IDs since 1 workd and I can't find them. Tried the Rest API and viewing page source and all the things I found on the net. I can't seem to find them and maybe it's because the field is Locked???
What am I missing?
Thanks in advance!