Currently I am Working on JIRA Automation. I am able to create the variable, but I am unable to understand how to use it.
@Deepak Welcome to Atlassian Community!
{{myVariable}}
Hi @Deepak -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
With the Create Variable action, values may be stored as text and referenced later in the rule as a smart value:
I recommend always adding a prefix to the name of variables to avoid confusing the rule logic (and people reading it) by overlap with other smart values. For example, always adding var to create something like varMyVariable.
Please note well: variables are not recognized consistently by all rule components in value or data type, and the scope of variable may impact its behavior.
If you are having trouble with your rule, context is important for the community to help. Please post the following:
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.