I know this has been asked before, but I've read through every answer and spent nearly all day trying to work it out myself. Here's what's happening:
- I enabled self-signup for users in my org based on the domain name of email addresses.
- I also enabled Google Apps account connection
- When anyone tries to login, they get a "Not Permitted" error on the confluence application. They can access JIRA just fine.
- I ensured and double-ensured at least 10 times that they ARE indeed a member of the confluence-users group. I also added them to admins, and site-admins JUST to be sure.
- I went to the /wiki/display/~username URL as well.
- I do not see any of them in the People directory on confluence either.
At this point I don't have many options. Can someone help me?
EDIT 1 (since I can't reply until I get 3 points for some reason): I'm using Confluence on the cloud. So I don't know if there's an option to force a sync. I didn't see anything. I too think getting them to show up in the people directory would resolve the other issues.
EDIT2: It is because there may be a problem with confluence-users or whatever, that I added everyone as Admins. That I think should rule out any mistakes I may have made with ACLs.
EDIT3: Ok it worked.
All users suddenly showed up. Is there some sort of reindex/sync cycle that happens? I didn't do anything except try it again just now.