Hi Jira Community,
I’m trying to integrate carrier tracking information into Jira Cloud and would love to hear about your experiences and insights. I don't even know if it's possible but looking for use cases people worked on. Specifically, I want to set up an automation where I can:
- Input a tracking number into Jira (as a custom field or via an issue update).
- Retrieve the expected delivery date or shipment status from the carrier’s API.
- Display the delivery status (or any other relevant tracking data) directly in Jira on the issue that has the tracking number.
Questions:
- Has anyone here integrated a carrier tracking API with Jira Cloud?
- What tools or middleware did you use to connect Jira to the carrier API ?
- Did you use Jira native REST API, or did you leverage a third-party tool like Zapier or Integromate ?
I’m particularly interested in solutions that involve automating the retrieval of tracking status when a tracking number is added to an issue, especially if the tracking number changes over time. Ideally, I want the expected delivery date or current status to be easily visible to users who are working with the issues in Jira.