We need to automatically send emails to approvers who get removed as an approver, to tell them their approval is no longer required. How can we accomplish this in automation?
Hi @NoName
What have you tried thus far to solve this need?
If you have an automation rule that is not working as expected, note context is important for the community to help. Please post the following:
If you have not tried creating the rule yet, I encourage you to try. Successfully using automation rules requires learning and experimentation.
To help get you started, such a rule could be triggered on a change to the Approvers field, then use the changelog / field change smart values to identify the removed approver, and then send them the notification.
Kind regards,Bill
You can select to trigger when an Approver is deleted but I'm not seeing any option to then email that removed Approver. You can seemingly only email the Reporter, specific people, etc.
Please read the documentation on the changelog / field change smart values. When the trigger is for a field change, the prior / removed values may be accessed for use in the rule.
One challenge for your scenario is only the removed user's account ID is available. In that case, a call to the REST API will be needed to get their email address, using the Send Web Request action.
If I had the bandwidth to read through the documentation, I would love to. Unfortunately, when you're told to do something with having zero knowledge but it needs to be done now, I don't have that luxury. That's why I've asked here. I am a deskside technician having to setup Jira while taking care of 1000 users and 1000 devices. If I had the time to figure this out completely on my own, I would have not come here. I am asking for assistance. If you're not willing to give that assistance, that's fine but telling me to RTFM, is frustrating.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.