Good day
I am trying to create a forge app to change any users public name. I have battling to get a response from this endpoint:
https://api.atlassian.com/users/accountId/manage/profileI generated a API token and it keeps saying error 401.
Hi,
welcome to the community.
Did the token work when you try a simple get ?
try to generate a new token
Hi @TMonatisa
Welcome to the community.
The User management REST API provides resources to administer and edit managed accounts.
So this is to manage users that are managed by an IDP. So I don't think you can use this in an app.
This because you are not in the position to manage the IDP endpoint.
Even if there was an API for non managed users, the option in a profile are only adjustable by the user.
Hi Mohamed
It works if I get projects, issues, or users. My issue is the api.atlassian.com approach to get the data I need.
Hi
Thank you for the welcome and the response.
Alright. But is there a way I can access it using something like Postman?I am currently developing this forr a managed users instance. Unfortunaltely, I do not have access to an instance with managed users.
Would you be able to guide me on how to proceed?
Did you create the api key following this kb
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-an-organization-with-the-admin-apis/
No, I did not. I went the manage account approach.
I see it provides me the organisation ID as well. How do I get the bearer token after generating the token and organisation ID?
See this post on the developer commuinty.
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/missing-public-name-field-in-jira-rest-api-user-endpoints/73537
It's also best to raise question on development on the development community
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.