Hello,
I see many group discussion messages in my inbox, but the vast majority of them are unavailable when I click to read more. Is this the norm?
Hi all,
It looks like @chand calnaido might be subscribed to a specific collection. When you have a watch subscription to a collection/group/interest/product, all new messages to that collection will send an email to you. Our community site has become very popular. So much so that spammers are aware of our popularity. It's not uncommon that some users would attempt to take advantage of community in this manner. Those accounts have been banned and their content has been removed from the site. Which is why when you click on the link in your email, the content is not available on our site any longer.
But removing the spam from our site doesn't stop the email notification you received, unfortunately. Those email notifications are typically being sent immediately after the content is posted to the site. We realize there is a balance to strike between keeping spammers from using our site, versus not blocking legitimate users prematurely.
Sorry that happened. You can choose to unwatch a group as a means to prevent receiving mail for all new posts in a collection. If you navigate to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Community-Contests-Kudos/gh-p/kudos on the right side of the page there should be an 'Unwatch' button you can click. This will stop you from receiving email notifications for all messages in the group.
Andy
@chand calnaido welcome to the Atlassian community
That is not the norm. The item you are sharing looks like spam. If it is spam then it will be removed and when you click on it you will get the error you are seeing. The Atlassian community is a popular place for people to drop spam messages because there are so many users so this does occasionally occur.
Based on my experience 70-80% of messages show as removed when I click to read more; hence, my lack of interaction with the platform. How can I verify if an article was indeed spam or not? Can support verify if I send a screenshot of what I received in my inbox?
What groups are you watching?
Only community contests and kudos as I have been hesitant to interact after seeing so many missing messages.
Thank you for the explanation and remedy Andy.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.