Hi community, I have a Jira instance underhttps://<instance>.atlassian.net/jira/Everything is fine, and I would like to use REST API to, let say, creating an issue/bug automatically. Something like this: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#creating-an-issue-examples Looking at this example I see that it connects to localhost:8080 and use `-u charlie:charlie` (name and password - basic authentication).Well, basic authentication is fine, but how should authentication work with my <instance>.atlassian.net ?Can not find documentation/example about this, pls help...Thanks in advance!
Hi @Manoj Kumar Gangwar is it correct that on Free Plan there are no restrictions on using REST API ? (I mean, it is the same as with another versions of JIRA)
Hi @D Welcome to the community!
Please refer to the below doc for Jira cloud.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-postYou can create the API token and use it as an authorization.
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-api-tokens-for-your-atlassian-account/
Yes, you can use the REST API in Jira's free plan. the free plan provides access to the full functionality of the Jira REST API.
Hi @Manoj Kumar Gangwar , one more question:Is it really necessary to specify ALL fields listed here:https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-post ?
Can I just specify summary, description and issuetype?
No, you can specify only required fields which is required on your project at the time of issue creation.
Great, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.