Is it possible to create cascading Asset Custom Fields?
Hi @M_Munari,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Yes, it is possible to create cascading Assets fields, and you do that by using filter issue scope. Please have a look at this article for more information about it (ignore the Insight reference, that is the old name for Assets).
@M_Munari here's an example where from our Change Management asset schema:
For this example, the schema has two levels:
On the Application table, Product Line is a referenced attribute. Once a user picks a Product Line of 'Marketing', only the applicable Applications for the Marketing product line are available.
Here is the applicable configuration for the Application application is defined in the field context:
Filter scope (AQL): objectType = "Application"
Filter issue scope (AQL): object HAVING outboundReferences(Label IN (${customfield_40361.label}))
Allow search filtering by these attributes: Label
Hi Mathew,
Thanks for support,
We have a simple scheme:
What I would like to do is that, upon selecting the project, a second field allows me to select only the project managers of the selected project.Is it possible?
Thanks
Yes, although I believe you’d want to change outboundReferences in my script to inboundReferences. I’ve never used inbound, so I would suggest doing some research, but my understanding is that they function the same. One is within the current schema, one is outside the current schema.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.