The default behavior of a Page Update is to just make a new version. We are asking editors to make a comment to note the changes they made and why there is a new version.Is there a way to require a comment be added upon page update? Editors find it inconvenience\forgetful to hit the drop down to get the form prompt.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-edit-and-publish-a-page/#Update
Looks like there is a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-6373
Hi Amanda, Thanks for pointing me to this. It does appear, tho marked as a priority, there is no action from the Product Owner or Dev in several years.Do you know of any alt solutions or workarounds? Maybe this is addressed with a more formal editorial process?
I'm not aware of any current workarounds. I see that @Esther Strom who's quite the whiz also has an open feature request, so I'm somewhat doubtful that a good workaround exists at this point.
Here's hers to upvote: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67035
It looks like there may be some apps that could help facilitate this better, but I haven't tried either of them:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.