Hello,
I’m trying to import tickets into JIRA using a CSV file, but I’m facing an issue with the Original Estimate field.
I’ve tried entering the value in multiple formats (seconds, minutes, hours), but JIRA does not interpret the values correctly.
What I've Tried So Far:
- Importing values in seconds – For example, I entered 3600 seconds, but JIRA displayed 2m instead.
- Importing values without quotes – Ensured that values are entered as plain numbers without single or double quotes.
- Using quotes – When I try to enclose the value in double quotes (e.g.,
"3600"), and when I try use in hours I get the following errors:
Unable to parse original estimate: [1h]/["3600"]
- Checking time unit settings in JIRA – Went to Settings → Issues → Time Tracking and verified the Default unit for time tracking. Even after changing it to "Hours," the issue persists.
- Using JIRA's built-in External System Import tool – But the values still do not import correctly.
Questions:
- What is the correct way to import values into the Original Estimate field so JIRA interprets them correctly?
- Is there a specific format that the system expects?
- Are there any known limitations when importing data into this field via CSV?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!