I'm looking for a solution to export a large number of results to a file. We have some automation that needs to check ticket values and the process will currently run a jql and then export all of the results and do its thing. This is fine on-prem where the maxResults is large but the cloud has a lower limit and it takes considerably longer so I'm looking for alternatives to quickly export a large number of records.
I found the link below but that would export all fields where I only need a dozen or so. Is there some other way to quickly export a large number of records to a csv or json file where I can manage which fields are exported via a POST request or GET parameters?
https:///sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-csv-all-fields/temp/SearchRequest.xls?jqlQuery=&tempMax=1000&pager/start=1000
Thanks
Hi,
you could try to use google sheet with the jira cloud app https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-to-export-more-than-1000-issues-using-Google-Sheets/ba-p/1810436
Hi @Stephen Cawley
If you don't mind using a Marketplace app, you could use Excel Online Integration and download the issues you need as an Excel/xlsx file. You won't have to configure anything and you can download it directly out of Jira. Give it a try.
Kind regards,
The Mobility Team
@Stephen Cawley, I will attest to @Mohamed Benziane , I've used approach at my end too, and using the Google Sheet or Excel plugin is a much easier option since it comes out of the box and has a simple UI to follow along.
You seem to be going for an API approach, so you can refer to this article https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-to-export-all-issues-from-Jira-via-API/ba-p/2126063 which shows how it is done in CSV, in one of the comments it also shows an article on how to achieve the same via JSON.
I have a server app and would prefer to this programmatically and not have to login and then interact with the UI.
One issue is that we can select 1000 records per query using the data center product whereas the Jira cloud limits queries to a max of 100 records so there's 10x queries and they're a bit slower. I have a Java and Python client s that interact with Jira, it's just that we need to query over 250K records individually and it takes a long time to pull them all.
Interesting but I'm trying to keep things on the free side. I think that we would quickly exceed the free threshold of 10 users and I don't have budget for this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.