On a Kanban board, we track how long an issue has been "in progress" via the WIP Aging Chart:

If you notice the highlighted story, it shows that it's been active for more than 87 days. In reality, that's very wrong. The story was mistakenly moved to In Progress back last October 24th, then subsequently moved back to Ready on the 26th, after it was realized the story was moved to In Progress by mistake. It was recently re-started in late January, so in reality it's been active for ~15 days. However, Jira is convinced the story has been In Progress since it first was started back in October.
Is there any possible way to override that original start date? I'm an org admin for our instance, so if there's any possible way to do it, I would think I'd have the permissions to do so. I think I recall this just can't be changed... but does anyone know for certain?