Hi guys,
I need help with a Jira automation rule for a project that has the following issue types:
Request
Epic
Story
Sub-task
I have an Issue Collector that creates a Request issue, which includes custom fields related to Epic and Story issue types.
Requirement:
When a Request issue is created, I want an automation rule to:
1. Extract values from a custom field called Category Type (a multi-choice select list with multiple options).
2. For each selected value in Category Type, create:
A Epic issue (linked as a child to the Request).
A Story issue (linked as a child to the respective Epic issue).
3. Ensure all issues are linked properly to maintain the hierarchy.
I have already set up an automation rule, but it is not working as expected:
I am using branching and smart values, but the branch rule is not getting executed. Error: Unable to run this component


Could someone help me identify what's wrong and suggest the correct smart values or rule structure?
Thanks
Sarjun.