We have contract clauses in our requirement tickets in a Text Field (multi-line) field. e.g.
REDACTED section 3.1(i), REDACTED
When I retrieve the ticket via the Rest API, Jira is converting the `(i)` to an emoji.
"content": [ { "type": "paragraph", "content": [ { "type": "text", "text": "REDACTED section 3.1" }, { "type": "emoji", "attrs": { "shortName": ":info:", "id": "atlassian-info", "text": ":info" } }, { "type": "text", "text": ", REDACTED:" } ] } ]
What I expect to see is :
"content": [ { "type": "paragraph", "content": [ { "type": "text", "text": "REDACTED section 3.1(i), REDACTED" } ] } ]
When we view the ticket via the UI it correctly displays without the emoji so it is the rest API that is injecting it.
Is there a parameter or option that I can add to the request to prevent Jira from corrupting text when retrieved via the REST API?
I need the RestAPI to return accurate data as I need to be doing some comparisons between what is in Jira and what is in other systems, and I don't want to have to be post-processing everything that comes out of Jira to remove Emojis.
Edit: Corrected where I had said Rich Text as the field is in-fact a Text Field (multi-line), this makes it worse as I would not expect emoji support in a text field.