Hi Atlassian Community,
I'm currently debugging some issues with filters, dashboards, and plans after migrating from Jira Data Center (DC) to Jira Cloud. I’ve noticed that many filters and dashboards are not explicitly associated with a project, making them functionally Jira project-only. However, since they aren’t linked to a single project, it’s unclear how to properly associate dashboards in the DC version before migration.
Some key issues:
- Many dashboards and filters did not migrate correctly.
- Some dashboards that did copy over are broken due to missing underlying filters.
- I believe using the "All" option for cross-project boards and filters (as described the link below) might resolve most of these issues.
- If I go with this approach, I may need to do some cleanup on the Cloud side post-migration.
Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Would using the "All" option be the best way to ensure dashboards and filters migrate correctly? Any best practices or alternative recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
How dashboards, boards and filters are migrated | Atlassian Support