I swear it worked for a while, but now it doesn't - did I turn off a setting somewhere?
I have epics (you can see that the selected task has an epic that's a parent), but there aren't any in the backlog view or the board view.
Hello @Chris Relf
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What type of project are you using? Get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Are the parent Epic and child issues in the same project?
Hi @Chris RelfPlease check the board filter. The board will display issues based on the filter configured.
There are no filters applied - and that's not the problem: I used to see the name of the Epic on each card, but now I don't. And in the Backlog view, there are no Epics listed in the Epic Panel.
Hi Trudy - thanks, good to be here! Long-time jira user, first time poster
What are the current Status values assigned to the Epics? Are they part of the "Done" Status Category (those that appear as green lozenges)?
The Epics panel will display only "not done" Epics, base on the Epic's current Status Category, which is derived from its current Status. Issues in a status color-coded green are in a Status that is within the "Done" Status Category and would not be displayed.
Excellent question! The Epics are either TO DO or IN PROGRESS.
Hi @Chris Relf
I believe this is related to an on-going problem we have seen in team managed projects in regards to certain fields, such as status, not displaying as expected in Jira. I have created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-1104037 so that our team can investigate this further.
Andy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.