Hi Jira Community,
I’m new to Jira and have only used it from a user perspective. However, I’ve now been tasked with rolling out Jira Service Management (JSM) for my company.
My company builds Salesforce solutions for our clients and we have 30+ clients and we serve multiple clients with similar to different needs. Currently, we create a separate Jira Service Management board for each client to manage their tickets after go-live, and we also have individual Jira projects for project implementation. However, this approach is causing challenges in triaging. I have to navigate to each project’s service management board, assign tickets to users, and track progress across several boards.
Instead, I would prefer having a single centralized board where I can manage all the tickets. Each client should have access to their own tickets + their team created tickets without seeing other clients' tickets, as they belong to different companies. From my company’s standpoint, I need a board that allows me to triage, assign tickets, and track progress in one place. Additionally, I’d like to easily identify tickets by project name, perhaps using labels or another method, to filter and sort them by client.
As a solution, I’ve created a single Jira Service Management board, but I’m unsure how to differentiate between different projects. Should I be using labels for this? Additionally, how can I ensure that Client A can’t see Client B’s requests and vice versa? Ultimately, I want each client to only see the tickets they or their team have created.
TIA