Basically, want to add a "Test" state into the workflow.. Between Open and Resolved/Closed.
- When developer "resolves" the issue, it goes to the test state.
- Test issues would be assigned back to the creator.
I've done that so far, and I'm stuck because the "resolve" screen fills out the resolution field. Thus the creator doesn't see the issue in their open items list.. and the issue ends up basically stuck in test.
I want the developer to input their resolution selection, but possibly have it go to a different field.. "Developer Resolution" perhaps.. And once it's "Test Passed" by the tester/originator, the "Developer Resolution" could be copied/moved over to the actual Resolution field? If this could work, what field type would "Developer Resolution" be? I can't seem to reuse the existing Resolution control/field/list..
Another option would be to redefine how an issue is defined as finished by project in Jira.. Default would be "Resolution <> '' " but in this case, I'd actually go Status in (Resolved, Closed)
Thoughts? Anyone else done something similar?
Thanks -Peter