We use user provisioning with Active Directory and atlassian guard to grant licences for a user group. We are on annual billing cycle.
Sometimes we have periods when we receive lots of requests in a short period of time and these may be handled by multiple agents at once, which could lead to someone adding a new user to the AD group when no licences are left. I know if we tried adding new users directly on Cloud it just wouldn’t let us, but what happens when this is done via provisioning? I.e. we have x number of licences, but x+1 people within the synced AD group. I can’t find a definitive answer for cloud. My main concern is continuation of service.
My understanding if you exceed licences:
On server - the system becomes inaccessible entirely
On DC - Jira enters read-only for all users
Do either of these happen with Cloud, or does something different happen?